Way too early Top 10 teams in Chicago Area for 2020-2021 Season!!!!
This is before the transfers(THAT WILL COME!!!!!) so this will probably change.
1) Evanston Township- They return their top 8 players and all will be seniors with exception of one. Blake Peters, Jaylin Gibson, Isaiah "Itchy" Holden, have been to the State Finals twice. Elijah Bull has been to the State Finals once. They will be one of the most experienced teams in the State. Key is not a lot of size as usual. Will 6'6" Kyle Wilson, who will be a senior too make a significant contribution? Junior Rashawn Bost will take a step up, and there could be a transfer or two.
2) Notre Dame College Prep- Another team with a lot coming back. Anthony Sayles, Troy D'Amico, and Louis Lesmond will all be seniors and toughened up by the schedule this past season. I've heard a rumor they may get a top transfer, and if this happens they shoot to #1 no question.
3) Simeon(Chicago)- Ahamad "Black Cat" Bynum, Dylan Ingram, Phillip Holmes Jr will all be seniors. Jaylen Drane, Avion Morris will be juniors, Jaylen Griffith, and Davious Loury will be sophomores. You could make a case for #1 here especially if they load up with a transfer or two. This young team won the Chicago Public League Title this past season. They will look to run it back next season.
4) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)- They have just about everybody coming back. Four year starter Kenton Wright, Julius Rollins, Mar'Quise "Bucky" Irving, JaKobe Heady, and Hamahrie Bowers will all be seniors. They have size, quickness, and speed on this team. Outside shooting consistency will be key.
5) West(Joliet)- They lose Jamere Hill but still have Jaiden Lee, Trent Howland,Ashawn Burbridge back as seniors, and one of the best incoming sophomores in the state in Jeremy Fears Jr. Rebounding will be key to their success.
6) Mundelein- They will be the best team in Lake County by a huge margin. Four year starters Connor Enright, and Scottie Ebube will be back as seniors. Trey Baker Jr is another senior who gives them experience with Jack Bikus. Look out for incoming sophomore Big Chris Martin to make an impact.
7) Whitney Young(Chicago)- They lose most of their back court, but they have Jaeshon Thomas back as a junior, Dalen Davis back as a sophomore, and Grant Newell back as a senior. I have heard they are getting a big time transfer at the guard position. Xavier Amos will be a junior look for a major impact from him.
8) DePaul College Prep(Chicago)- Ty Johnson and Brian Matthews are back as seniors as is Rasheed Bello. Look for Jabari Sawyer son of King legend and the state's all time leader in assists Imari Sawyer to have a bigger role.
9) Hyde Park(Chicago)- Returns most of their team including senior Jalen Houston, juniors Malik Jenkins, JaKobi White, and Lamont Williams. Look for sophomore to be Raeshom Harris to step up to a bigger role.
10) Fenwick(Oak Park)- They are scheduled to return everyone from their team. Senior Bryce Hopkins, juniors Trey Pettigrew, Eian Pugh,Cal Reese, and Gabe Madej. I'm hearing though there could be major losses here with some transfers. If that happens this ranking will drop.