Top 5 players in Class of 2020 Nationally
1) Cade Cunningham, Montverde Academy, Fl- This 6'7" point guard can do it all and has shown it in a number of settings this Spring and Summer. He has shown an improved three point shot, can get to the basket and finish powerfully over Bigs. His middle game has improved. He had a star turn with the Texas Titans on Nike EYBL Circuit where he was named MVP of the circuit. He was the 2nd youngest player on Team USA U-19 World Championship Gold Medalist. He played very well at the Peach Jam Finals though his team was upset in the Quarterfinals. He can rebound very well from his position. He was thought to be a combo forward last season. He has shown over the past year he's a point guard. Oklahoma State(which hired his brother Cannen as an Assistant Coach) is likely to get his signature.
2) Evan Mobley, Rancho Christian,CA- This 7'0 combo forward has shown guard skills along with a polished post up game. He's a good rebounder and rim protector, he can pass out of the post or off the dribble. He runs the floor very well beating others Bigs down the court. Very versatile Big. He has not been able to show it this Spring/Summer for Compton Magic as he has been injured most of the Summer. He made the Team USA U-19 World Championship Gold Medalist but only played 2 games because of back spasms. His recruitment has been slow because most feel he's headed to Southern Cal. His Father is an Assistant Coach and his brother Isaiah is an incoming freshman McDonald's All-American there. They will likely get his signature.
3) Jalen Green, Prolific Prep, CA- This 6'5" combo guard is an athletic scorer on the wing who can get to the basket and finish at will. He has an improved three point shot and rebounds very well for his position. He needs to work on his left hand, mid range game, and get stronger. He helped Team Why Not to a runner up finish at the Peach Jam Finals. He scored 16 points in the 4th quarter in Semifinals of the Peach Jam vs Boo Williams. He was the youngest player on the Team USA U-19 World Championship Gold Medalist averaging double figures. He's a good passer who has the ability to get better, also he has potential as a defender and is good at blocking shots. His recruitment is Memphis, Kentucky or he's considering playing overseas as an option out of high school.
4) Greg Brown, Vandegrift, TX- This 6'8" wing is a powerful jumper and finisher at the rim. who can rebound, block shots, and run the floor to finish alley oops in transition. He needs work on his three point jumper which showed vast improvement this Spring/Summer. He played with the Texas Titans which had the best record on the Nike EYBL Circuit. He needs to work on his passing but is such a great athlete a college coach is going to love working with him and the upside that he has. I've heard North Carolina and Texas are his leaders. There are rumblings he's also considering playing overseas as an option.
5) Brandon Boston Jr aka BJ, Sierra Canyon,CA- 6'7" wing is a slasher extraordinaire who can finish at the basket, run the floor and score in transition, is a good rebounder, and passer. He has a good three point shot though the percentages did not show on the Nike EYBL Circuit playing for Athletes of Tomorrow(AOT). He needs to get stronger, quicken his release on his jump shot, and play better defense. He's very long so he has great potential to be a defensive stopper. He's transferring from Norcross(GA) out to California to play with Bronny James. Zaire Wade and Sierra Canyon. He committed to Kentucky after a recent visit to the school.