Central Suburban South preview after summer high school live period!!!!!!
Updated: Jun 29
After watching two live periods here’s Big Tim’s order of finish in the Central Suburban South.
1) Glenbrook North (Northbrook): Josh Fridman’s return will put them over the top. Add Patrick Schaller, Owen Giannoulias, and Sam Lappin as returnees.
2) New Trier (Winnetka): Sharpshooters Ian Brown and Logan Feller return. Junior Colby Smith and sophomore Christopher Kirkpatrick will run point. Sophomore Danny Houlihan is a sharpshooter.
3) Glenbrook South (Glenview): Nick Taylor is the headliner here as an inside/outside force. Guards Nate Kasher and junior Anestis Hadjistamoulou will light it up from the perimeter.
4) Evanston Township: loses 5 seniors but has some players back who have been in the program and know the system. Point guard Brandon Watson will be the leader along with wing Morgan Brown. Juniors Theo Rocca and Ian Peters will light it up from outside.
5) Deerfield: has a lot of size 6'8" junior Drew Rodgers and sophomore Jake Pollack, and 6'2 senior Charlie Robin. Junior Quinn Schimanski (6'1") will run point.
6) Maine South (Park Ridge): no superstars but they do have multiple sharpshooters from long range and play a brand of tough hard nosed basketball. Will that keep them out of bringing up the rear?