Big Tim’s Top 10 teams in North Suburbs of Chicago for February 20-26, 2023!!!!!!!
1) New Trier (Winnetka) (27-4) (4A): Won Central Suburban Conference title with blowout win over Niles North (Skokie). #1 seed in New Trier Sectional. One loss against teams in Sectional.
2) Glenbrook North (Northbrook) (25-4) (4A): Can they advance deep into playoffs without their best player? In likely the toughest sectional in the state? Everyone will have to do a little more to compensate for loss of 5’11’ junior point guard Josh Fridman.
3) Glenbrook South (Glenview) (23-8) (4A): Likely headed for a collision course with Evanston Township in rubber match in Conant Regional Final on Friday night.
4) Evanston Township (23-8) (4A): Likely headed for a collision course with Evanston Township in rubber match in Conant Regional Final on Friday night. Could the experiment with 5 senior transfers go up in smoke? Or will they move onto sectional play?
5) Libertyville (25-5) (4A): 1 seed for Barrington Sectional will they win it? If they advance to Hoffman Estates Supersectional will they complete with New Trier Sectional winner? Lost to Rolling Meadows and Evanston Township, but beat Glenbrook North.
6) Loyola Academy (Wilmette) (22-9) (4A): Finished tied for third in tough Chicago Catholic League Blue Division. Will their slow methodical style give Rolling Meadows trouble in a Regional Final on the road Friday night? We shall see.
7) Stevenson (Lincolnshire) (20-7) (4A): Finished second in North Suburban Conference. Second seed in Barrington Sectional. Could get to Supersectional.
😎 Lake Forest (20-10) (3A): The Scouts likely have the two best players in the Central (Grayslake) Sectional in Clemson commit Asa Thomas (6’7”wing) and junior Tommie Aberle (6’2” wing). Could repeat as sectional champ.
9) Niles North (Skokie) (24-7) (4A): Sophomore leaden team to me is a year away from contention. Just lost big to #1 New Trier (Winnetka) in Central Suburban Title game. May have to play them against for the second time in 9 days on Friday. This time it would be at Niles North. Young team can’t be looking ahead needs to be focused on Wednesday’s game.
10) Deerfield (21-6) (3A): They have all conference players sophomore Quinn Schimanski (5’10”), Jason Cohn (6’1” senior point guard), and Miles Cohan (6’1” senior guard). Sleeper team in Central (Grayslake) Sectional.