Big Tim’s Top 10 in North Suburbs of Chicago:
Some movement around the Top 10, once team dropped out and one dropped in.
1) New Trier (Winnetka) (21-4) (4A): Blew out Glenbrook South (Glenview) at home to sweep regular season series. Sole possession of lead in Central Suburban South. Senior guard Cornell commit Jake Fiegen put up 30. Big time game at rival Evanston Township. Oldest and best rivalry in state of Illinois.
2) Glenbrook North (Northbrook) (21-3) (4A): Upset loss at Evanston Township that evens the regular season series. Dropped to second in the Central Suburban Sputh. Junior point guard Josh Fridman had 27 in a losing cause. Has played two great games against the Wildkits. Hosts rival Glenbrook South (Glenview) for Battle of Glenbrook. South won the first meeting.
3) Glenbrook South (Glenview) (19-6) (4A): Lost twice last week, to Prospect (Mount Prospect) without their point guard. Also lost to New Trier (Winnetka). Beat Auburn (Rockford). Visits #2 Glenbrook North (Northbrook) in Battle of Glenbrook. Has a chance to sweep the season series.
4) Loyola Academy (Wilmette) (20-7) (4A): Lost to Bolingbrook at War on the Shore. Beat Providence Catholic (New Lenox) and DePaul College Prep (Chicago) in Chicago Catholic League play. Visits DeLaSalle Institute (Chicago) on Friday.
5) Evanston Township (18-6) (4A): Has a good case for #3 as they’ve beaten both Glenbrook South (Glenview) and Loyola Academy (Chicago) along with Glenbrook North (Northbrook). Upset #2 Glenbrook North (Northbrook) at home. Senior forward Prince Adams continues his outstanding senior season. Hosts #1 New Trier (Winnetka) in huge game. Oldest and best rivalry in state of Illinois.
6) Libertyville (19-4) (4A): Took care of business against 3 opponents. Big game on Saturday against state ranked Rolling Meadows.
7) Stevenson (Lincolnshire) (17-4) (4A): Won both games last week. Big one Tuesday at #10 Lake Forest
😎 Niles North (Skokie) (20-5) (4A): Lost to Deerfield to split the regular season series and fall into a tie for lead in Central Suburban North. Stays ahead of Deerfield in poll on point differential between the teams.
9) Deerfield (17-5) (4A): New to poll. Beat #8 Niles North (Skokie) to tie for lead in Central Suburban North race. Is below Niles North (Skokie) on point differential between the teams.
10) Lake Forest (14-9) (3A): Lost to #6 Libertyville. Favorite in Class 3A Central (Grayslake) Sectional. Hosts #7 Stevenson (Lincolnshire) on Tuesday.