Big Tim's Super 25 preseason rankings in Chicago Area 21-25!!!!
Updated: Nov 14, 2019
These are my first preseason rankings in Chicago Area. Practices for Boys Basketball teams start November 11th. Here we go:
21) Lincoln Park(Chicago)- This will be a sneaky team who might pull an upset or two in the Chicago Public League Red North/West Super conference. They will be led by the talented backcourt of 5'9' junior point guard Julio Montes and 6'0" junior guard Ismail Habib. Both are outstanding three point shooters and push the ball up court at a fast pace. They'll need some inside play from 6'8" senior forward Romelle Howard and 6'6" senior forward Josapahat Tamatakou to compete in the conference. (CLass 4A)
22) Mundelein- This team will go as Drake commit 6'2" junior guard Connor Enright and 6'8" forward/center Scottie Ebube take them. Both will be in their third year on the Varsity. Enright is a crafty and very good shooting point guard and leader, while Ebube houses things in the paint by rim protecting, rebounding, and scoring with power in the interior. Look for 5'9" junior point guard Trey Baker and 6'3" junior guard/forward Jack Bikus to be surprise contributors. How much of a role will 6'5" freshman forward Chris Martin play in the interior off the bench? This team is a year away from serious contention in the North Suburbs. (Class 4A)
23) St Viator(Arlington Heights)- This team appears to have been hurt by graduation losses from their Division 1 backcourt of Trey Calvin(Wright State) and Jeremiah Hernandez(Kent State), but they have some talent left to contend in Class 3A. It starts with William and Mary commit 6'5" senior guard/forward Connor Kochera and his versatility. One of the biggest sleepers in the state with his three point shooting and slashing to the basket will be a huge threat. He'll get help from 6'5"senior forward Matt Geary and 6'4" senior guard Owen Hickey. Guard play will be key as they will have a new backcourt this year. (Class 3A)
24) Curie(Chicago)- The defending Chicago Public League Champ and Class 4A semifinalist lost a lot from that team. They will keep playing their fast paced game to compete in the Chicago Public League Red South/Central Super conference. Their bell cow will be South East Missouri State commit 6'5" guard/forward Ramean Hinton who is one of my Top 5 sleepers in the State of Illinois. He can score inside and outside along with playing tenacious defense. The backcourt will be 5'9" senior Elijah Pickens, 5'6" junior Nick Owens Jr. They will cause havoc in the backcourt for opposing guards. Hinton will be helped on the frontline by 6'6" senior forward Savion Williams, 6'4"forward senior Armond Williams and 6'4"junior forward Phillip Berryhill. (Class 4A)
25) Benet(Lisle)- This is always a sneaky good team that is well coached by Gene Heidkamp. They will be led by four year varsity performer 6'8"senior center Colin Crothers who will score on the interior and rebound the basketball. Guard play will be key from 6'2" senior Colin Gillespie, 6'0" senior Tommy Hayes, and 6'2" senior Sam Nash. 6'3' forward Michael O'Connor and 6'6'" senior Alex Nash will help Crothers on the glass and the interior. (Class 4A)