Big Tim's Super 25 preseason rankings in Chicago Area 11-15!!!!
Updated: Nov 17, 2019
11) Bolingbrook- This team perennially makes a big run in the playoffs. They went to the Class 4A Supersectional last season before losing to eventual state champ Belleville West. This quick team pressures you into oblivion that is their calling card. Look for cat quick 6'2" senior guard Darius Buford to be the leader of this team. He's a stone cold scorer big time. Other contributors are 5'11" senior guard Myles Cooper, 6'4" senior forward Devyn Suggs, 5'10" junior Kyonte Thomas. I look for 6'7" freshman forward Donaven Younger to contribute right away. As for 5'9" freshman sharpshooting guard Mekhi Cooper he may have to wait his turn. (Class 4A)
12) Westinghouse(Chicago)- They move up from winning the White North/West in the Chicago Public League to the rugged Red North/West. Five starters return for the move up. They have 6'1' scoring guard Devin Davis as a great start. He has the gift of creating any shot he wants within the offense, or on his own. Kier Jordan a 5'10" junior point guard will lead this team once again from the point. Ryan Brown a 6'1" senior guard will be another quick shooting backcourt player alpong with 5'10" sophomore Dwayne Walton. Size comes in the way of 6'7" junior forward Gary Johns, and 6'6" sophomore center Martell Webb who is fierce on the glass. Look out for incoming freshman Terrell Craig. (Class 3A)
13) Oak Park River Forest-This team always seems to have the talent to contend but falls short. They have 6'5" junior guard Isaiah Barnes who is a knockdown three point shooter and slasher to the basket. He will be helped by 6'8"senior wing Justin Cross along with 6'5" senior JaVary Germany to give them plenty of size. Malik Underwood a 6'0" senior guard and 6'2" senior guard Julian Peyton will help run the show. (Class 4A)
14) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)- This is another quick team who will get after you with full curt pressure. This team starts with 6'6" guard/forward Julian Rollins who is an outside/inside versatile force on both ends of the court. Junior forwards Hamahrie Bowers(6'5"), Jakobi Heady(6'6"), and Robert Myles(6'5") along with 6'5" sophomore Kamryn Thomas gives them size. Cat quick backcourt of 5'11" junior point guard Kenton Wright, 6'0" junior sharpshooting guard Mar'Keise "Bucky" Irving are examples of their quickness. May have to go through nemesis Morgan Park(Chicago) again to do damage in Class 3A. (Class 3A)
15) Joliet West- This is a young team who can do some damage in the Southwest suburbs. They will be led by 6'4" junior shooting guard Jaiden Lee a 3 year starter along with 6'5" junior forward Ashton Burbridge another 3 year starter. 5'9" junior guard Terrence Moncrief is another contributor in that class. The big time addition is 6'4" freshman guard Jeremy Fears Jr. Look for him to run a lot of point guard as he can get to the basket with ease, while also having a deadly three point shot. Rebounding will be key for this young team. (Class 4A)