Big Tim's preseason Super 25 teams in Chicago Area 5-9
5) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)- This team will contend for Class 3A State Title this year. This is a junior dominated lineup led by three year starters 6'2" junior point guard Anthony Sayles Jr and 6'6" junior forward Troy D'Amico. Sayles Jr, a division one prospect in football and basketball, is an athletic marvel who can jump out the gym and dunk on you(WATCH YOUR HEAD!!!) while running the team and distributing to shooters. He's an improved three point shooter, and can hit mid range floaters. D'Amico is a knockdown three point shooter, rebounder, and has improved on driving to the basket. Another three year starter is 6'5" senior forward Joe Bergstrom who is a three point shooter and rebounder. The big addition is Evanston transfer 6'5" wing Louis Lesmond who can hit three pointers and slash to the basket. He's a good rebounder and can pass the ball off the bounce. He's a high major division one prospect who has helped raise the profile for this team. This team will have to find a solid fifth starter to fill out this lineup. (Class 3A)
6) Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights)- The bell cow for this team is Iowa commit 6'2" point guard Ahron Ulis. He's a natural leader who has an improving three point shot, a nice mid range floater, and finishes at the rim with both hands. He pressures opposing point guards and gets a lot of steals. This team will go as far as Ulis takes them. Look for a big jump in production for Western Illinois commit 6'7" senior forward Elijah Jones. He has a lot of potential as he can rebound, shoot the mid range jumper, and can dunk on you at anytime. He'll have to do a lot of rim protecting for this team. Jordan Green a 6'0" senior guard will share the backcourt with Ulis with his knockdown three point shooting. Ryan Staack a 6'5" senior forward will help on the glass. (Class 4A)
7) Fenwick(Oak Park)- Everything with this team begins with Louisville commit 6'7" wing Byrce Hopkins who is versatile by hitting three pointers, finishing at the rim. rebounding, and passing the basketball. This is a young team with a lot of experience with returning varsity players 6'2" sophomore point guard Trey Pettigrew a knockdown three point shooter as is 6'5" sophomore wing Gabe Madej who can also fill it up from long range. Kaden Cobb a 6'3" sophomore wing is another player that will help in the backcourt. (Class 4A)
8) Bogan(Chicago)- This team lost a lot but I look for a couple of their players to explode onto the scene. Antoine Bloxton a 6'2" senior guard who is an explosive scorer from the perimeter and driving to the basket. He could lead the Chicago Public League in scoring. Long Island University commit 6'6" wing Kyndall Davis will be another player to explode this year. He had to wait his turn last season but is ready to take a lead role for this team. Scott Lanier 6'6" senior forward will also have a huge chance to contribute this year. Tremear Fraley a 6'8" senior forward is another player that gives this team some size. They will need to find a point guard to run this team for them to live up to their potential. (Class 3A)
9) Evanston Township-This team lost a lot of experience from a team that has finished 3rd and 2nd in Class 4A the last two years. They do have a couple of players back with a lot of experience with those teams. Start with 6'4" junior guard Jaylin Gibson who is a do everything player on both ends of the court. He can slash to the basket, pass the ball to open shooters, finish at the basket, and an improving three point shooter. He's a division one prospect as is 6'1" junior guard Blake Peters. He's a knock down three point shooter who will need to slash to the basket to open up his shooting. He's a good rebounder for his position and draws a lot of fouls. Isaiah "Itchy" Holden a 5'9" junior point guard is another player with extensive tournament experience. He's very quick in getting into the lane, has a nice mid range floater, and has a good three point shot to keep teams honest. He's a strong leader from the lead guard position. Elijah Bull a 5'9" junior guard returns to the team from Niles North. He played a big role on the 3rd place team from two years ago. He's a knock down three point shooter and can also run a team from the point. Logan Talmage a 6'6" junior forward will be big as this team has no size. He'll have to rebound and protect the rim while staying out of foul trouble. Hope Academy transfer 6'1" junior guard Ashton Lauder gives the Wildkits more guard depth as he can shoot the three point shot.