Big Tim's Elite 25 Week 2!!!!!!!
Chicago Elite Classic was off the chains as usual which changed the rankings as usual. Here we go:
1) Simeon Career Academy (Chicago) (3-0) (3A): Beat up on St Rita as they led by over 30 at one time at Chicago Elite Classic. Senior point guard Jalen Griffith was the best player on the floor and the smaller a lot of the time at 5'9". Senior forward Northern Iowa commit Wes Rubin showed an improved three point shot, and Sam Lewis looked smooth. Hosts Morgan Park (Chicago) on Tuesday, at Prespectives Leadership (Chicago) on Thursday,
2) Kenwood Academy (Chicago) (4-0) (4A): Had it's second big time win in as many weeks with win over West (Joliet) at Chicago Elite Classic. Junior forward Calvin Robins Jr showed he warrants more playing time. Senior guard Tyler Smith has been the best player so far this season. Senior guard Kansas State commit Darrin Ames needs to stay out of foul trouble going forward. Hosts Gwendolyn Brooks (Chicago) on Tuesday, Friday vs Knoxville Catholic (TN) at Morehouse College (GA), Saturday vs Lovett (GA) at Wheeler (GA).
3) Whitney Young (Chicago) (3-1) (4A): Beat National Christian Academy (MD) at Chicago Elite Classic. Senior wing Daniel Johnson is playing well hitting the glass and scoring for the Dolphins. Senior point guard Princeton commit Dalen Davis hit the game winning shot at the buzzer. Balanced scoring will be the calling card this year. Hosts Farragut (Chicago) on Wednesday, Friday at Michele Clark (Chicago).
4) Brother Rice (Chicago) (7-0) (4A): Breezed to easy victories this week as senior point guard Niagara commit Ahmad Henderson II is running the show and sharing duties with junior point guard Cale Cosme. Senior forward Khalil Ross is chipping in scoring and on the boards. Hosts Providence St Mel (Chicago) on Tuesday, Friday hosts #11 St Rita (Chicago), Sunday vs #21 Bloom Township (Chicago Heights) at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
5) Rolling Meadows (7-0) (4A): Senior point guard Minnesota commit Cameron Christie has had an excellent start to the season.Player of the Year candidate. Glenbrook South (Glenview) tested them for awhile, but Christie took over the fourth quarter. Senior forward Tsvet Sotirov has really stepped up his game with his three point shooting and passing. Sophomore wing Ian Militec has stepped up his scoring this year, senior forward Mark Nikolitch-Wilson is doing a little bit of everything. Tuesday at Fremd (Palatine), Friday at Hersey (Arlington Heights), Saturday vs #19 New Trier (Winnetka) at Elgin (South).
6) Evanston Township (6-0) (4A): Survived Glenbrook South (Glenview) at home. Senior forward Prince Adams has had breakout beginning of the season. Four career highs in points already and multiple double/dpubles. His summer play has extended into the regular season. Senior guard Jonah Ross has been a consistent three point shooter to start the year. Senior point guard Hunter Duncan is still finding his way in this system. Big games this week for the Wildkits. Hosts La Lumiere (IN) Blue, Thursday at #10 Glenbrook North (Northbrook), Sunday vs #15 Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights) at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
7) West (Joliet) (5-2) (4A): Lost to Kenwood Academy (Chicago). Senior point guard Michigan State commit Jeremy Fears Jr needs to stay out of foul trouble as his team is hurt when he's sitting. Sophomore guard Jeremiah Fears has stepped up as has junior guard Justus McNair. Consistent inside play from senior forwards Matt Moore and Drew King takes them to another level. Hosts East (Plainfield) on Tuesday, Saturday at Central (Joliet)
8) Benet Academy (Lisle) (7-0) (4A): Beat Riverside Brookfield at Chicago Elite Classic. Senior guard Brady Kunka had a huge game, senior point guard Johns Hopkins commit Brayden Fagbemi has been his usual solid self running the offense. Senior wing Niko Abusara has been playing all over the court. Solid team as usual three point shooters all over the court. Friday hosts Nazareth Academy (LaGrange).
9) St Ignatius College Prep (Chicago) (5-1) (3A): Lost to Gonzaga (DC) at Chicago Elite Classic. Bright spot this season has been junior guard Reggie Ray with his slashes and finishes at the rim. Senior guard George Mason commit Richard Barron III has look quicker off the dribble this season to accentuate his three point shot. Senior forward Miami (OH) commit Jackson Kotecki is hitting the glass on both ends. Friday at Leo Catholic (Chicago), Saturday vs Riverside Brookfield at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
10) Glenbrook North (Northbrook) (6-0) (4A): Junior point guard Josh Fridman has been aggressive getting to the basket, and either finishing, or kicking it out to shooters. One of them is senior guard Ryan Cohen. Inside play of junior forward Patrick Schaller. Big time game this week on Thursday hosting #6 Evanston Township. Saturday they are at Highland Park.
11) St Rita (Chicago) (2-3 (4A)): Rugged schedule has tested this junior laden team. Took one on the chin against #1 Simeon Career Academy (Chicago) at Chicago Elite Classic. Junior forward Illinois commit Morez Johnson Jr has been consistent so far this year. Junior forward James Brown has had flashes but foul trouble hurt him in Simeon Career Academy game. Junior wing Nojus Industraitis seems to still be trying to find his footing. Hosts Montini (Lonbard) on Tuesday. Big test on Friday when they visit #4 Brother Rice (Chicago).
12) Hillcrest (Country Club Hills) (5-0) (3A): Senior wing Quentin Heady has been a consistent performer this season. Senior point guard Bryce Tillery has been solid running the team and scoring. Senior forward Akron commit Darrion Baker is doing it all on the court. Big win at Oak Lawn last week. Tuesday at Eisenhower (Blue Island), Thursday at Thornton Fractional South (Lansing), Saturday vs East St Louis at Ritenour (St Louis, MO), Sunday vs Normal Community at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
13) Bolingbrook (4-1) (4A): Senior point guard Miami (OH) commit Mekhi Cooper has been big time to start the season with multiple 20 point performances. Junior guard DJ Strong has been consistent as has senior forward Keon Alexander. Wednesday hosts Waubonsie Valley (Aurora), Friday hosts Central (Lincoln Way).
14) North (Downers Grove) (4-1) (4A): Junior point guard Jack Stanton has been solid at the point guard position so far this season. Great balance from senior guards Owen Thulin, Finn Kramper along with junior forward Jake Reimer. Hosts York (Elmhurst) on Friday.
15) Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights) (5-1) (3A): Senior guard Cal Poly commit Quentin Jones has done it all on both ends this season. Junior forward James Bullock Jr continues to play consistent basketball hitting the glass and running the floor. Tuesday at St Viator (Arlington Heights), Friday at Catholic (Joliet), Sunday vs #6 Evanston Township at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
16) Hyde Park (Chicago) (4-1) (3A): Moved up despite a loss by 1 to out of state Missouri power Father Tolton. Junior wing Jurrell Baldwin had a double/double in win over U-Lab at Chicago Elite Classic. Senior guard Cam Wiliford continues his outstanding play. Hosts Lindbloom (Chicago) on Tuesday, Thursday at Gwendolyn Brooks (Chicago), Saturday vs Homewood Flossmoor at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
17) Lyons Township (LaGrange) (4-0): Senior Penn commit Niklas Polonowski is hitting the glass as well as scoring from perimeter. Won only game this week over South (Downers Grove). Seniors Jackson Niego and Carter Reid continue to be consistent.Hosts Proviso West (Hillside) on Wednesday, at Glenbard West (Glen Ellyn) on Saturday.
18) Marist (Chicago) (6-0) (4A): Seniors Justin Lang and Kaden White are giving them scoring and leadership. Good mixture of experience and youth on this team. Hosts St Viator (Arlington Heights) on Friday.
19) New Trier (Winnetka) (4-1) (4A): Beat Maine South (Park Ridge). Senior guards Evan Kanellos a University of Chicago soccer commit and Colgate commit Jake Fiegen have been solid in the backcourt. Senior center Tyler Van Gorp is a rim protector in back of defense. Monday hosts Zion Benton, Friday at Glenbrook South (Glenview), Saturday vs #5 Rolling Meadows at Elgin (South).
20) DePaul College Prep (Chicago) (4-1) (2A): Lost to St Laurence (Burbank). Hosts DeLaSalle Institute. Friday at Mount Carmel (Chicago). Need consistent play from their guards and outside shooting from the wings.
21) Bloom Township (Chicago Heights) (4-1) (4A): First time in poll. Senior guards Raeshom Harris, and Jordan Brown are playing at a high level. Lots of potential in sophomore Elijah Lovemore. Friday at Bishop Noll (Gary, IN), Sunday vs #4 Brother Rice (Chicago) at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
22) Curie (Chicago) (5-2) (4A): Lost to Vashon (St Louis, MO): Have to find some three point shooting to loosen things up inside for senior forwards Chikasi Ofoma and Jeremy Harrington Jr. Hosts Phillips (Chicago), Thursday at Morgan Park (Chicago), Saturday at Mount Carmel (Chicago) at Team Rose Shootout.
23) Oak Lawn (5-1) (4A): Lost at home to #12 Hillcrest (Country Club Hills). Senior guard Xavier Suliaman is giving not just scoring but great all around play. Tuesday at Bremen, Thursday at Evergreen Park, Saturday Hinsdale Central at Elgin (South).
24) Lemont (6-0) ( 3A): First time in poll. Senior guard WisconsinParkside commits Castillo twins Rokas and Matas are playing at a high level. Rokas has had some big time scoring games. Junior guard Ryan Runaas has been a nice addition as a third guard. Tuesday at Richards (Oak Lawn), Thursday at Tinley Park, Saturday vs Lane Tech (Chicago) at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).
25) Lincoln Way East (Frankfort) (4-1) (4A): First time in poll. Only loss is to #17 Lyons Township (LaGrange). Senior forwards George Bellevue, Kyle Olagbegi are great bookends at that spot. They play hard and rebound well on both ends. Senior guard Ty Tolliver is an underrated performer. Watch out for freshman point guard BJ Powell. Tuesday at Crete Monee, Saturday Westinghouse (Chicago) at Team Rose Shootout at Mount Carmel (Chicago).