Big Tim's Elite 25 in Chicago Area Week 18 and Final Poll!!!!!
Only one area team won a State Title but there will be a new number one to end the season. An exciting season and fun to watch. Here we go:
1) Simeon Career Academy (Chicago) (32-4) (3A): Class 3A Runners-Up. Beat both Class 4A finalists and a couple of national level teams. Chicago Public League Champion. New Coach Tim Flowers has talent in the system coming up. Junior guard Rashard McKinnie returns.
2) Benet Academy (Lisle) (35-2) (4A): Class 4A runners-up. Only losses to #1 Simeon Career Academy (Chicago) and Class 4A State Champ Moline. Won East Suburban Catholic. Junior forward Parker Sulaver returns along with talented sophomore class.
3) New Trier (Winnetka) (33-5) (4A): Third place in Class 4A. Won Central Suburban South. Junior guard Logan Felder and sophomore Colby Smith return.
4) DePaul College Prep (Chicago) (23-12) (2A): Class 2A State Champ for first time. Return 4 starters but move up to Class 3A next year.
5) North (Downers Grove) (32-5) (4A): Fourth place in Class 4A in first appearance in State Semifinals. Three starters return for next season, Jake Reimer, Owen Thulin, and Jack Stanton. Should be the favorite in West Suburban Silver.
6) Kenwood Academy (Chicago) (28-7) (4A): Second consecutive Supersectional appearance. Chicago Public League Red South Champs. Chicago Public League Runners-Up. Returns 5 of their top 7 players and a talented sophomore class.
7) St Ignatius College Prep (Chicago) (24-13) (3A): Fourh place in Class 3A. Seniors Richard Barron and Jackson Kotecki have left the program better than when they came in. Returns junior guard Reggie Ray and sophomore point guard Phoenix Gill.
8) Hillcrest (Country Club Hills) (29-4) (3A): Supersectional appearance. South Suburban Blue Champs. Lost a lot of seniors and will have a bit of a rebuild.
9) East (Oswego) (27-6) (4A): Supersectional appearance for first time. Won Southwest Prairie West. Gave state champ Moline a run in that game. Graduated a lot of seniors
10) Perspectives Leadership (Chicago) (24-12) (2A): Supersectional appearance for the first time. Chicago Public League Semifinalist. Junior guards Gianni Cobb and Tim Handy are due to return.
11) Marmion Academy (Aurora) (23-12) (3A): First Supersectional appearance in 47 years. Historic run but will be rebuilding.
12) Libertyville (29-6) (4A): Supersectional appearance. Won North Suburban. Will lose a lot of seniors so will rebuild.
13) West (Joliet) (28-6) (4A): Won Southwest Prairie East. Lost in Sectional final. Return juniors Justus McNair, Drew King, and sophomore Jeremiah Fears.
14) Hinsdale Central (31-4) (4A): Won West Suburban Silver. Lost in Sectional Final. Lose a lot of seniors will rebuild.
15) Central (Grayslake) (29-6) (3A): Lost in Supersectional in double overtime. Lost a lot of seniors will rebuild.
16) Whitney Young (Chicago) (23-7) (4A): Won Chicago Public League Red West/North. Sophomore team won the Chicago Public League Title. Will reload instead of rebuild.
17) Brother Rice (Chicago) (30-5) (4A): Lost in Sectional Final. Juniors Caleb Cosme and Xzavier Fitch are due back.
18) St Rita (Chicago) (23-11) (4A): Won Chicago Catholic League Blue. Lost in Sectional Semifinals. Junior laden team as most are returning. Could start out preseason #1.
19) Glenbrook North (Northbrook) (28-5) (4A): Lost in Sectional Final. Could be the favorite in Central Suburban South next season. Return juniors Josh Fridman (coming off ACL injury, Owen Giannoulias, and Patrick Schaller.
20) Mount Carmel (Chicago) (27-7) (3A): Won Pekin Holiday Tournament. Return juniors Angelo Ciaravino and Lee Marks III.
21) Hyde Park Academy (Chicago) (24-7) (3A): Lost in Sectional Semifinals. Lose a lot of seniors. Will rebuild.
22) Rolling Meadows (27-7) (4A): Won Jack Tosh Holiday Tournament and Mid Suburban East. Lose a lot of seniors. Will rebuild.
23) Glenbrook South (Glenview) (25-9) (4A): Nice bounce back from best team in school history. Lost in Sectional Semifinal. They are a program now and expect them to contend again in Central Suburban South.
24) Bolingbrook (25-8) (4A): Won Southwest Suburban Blue. Lost in Sectional Semifinal. Lose a lot of talent but still have some on the sophomore level.
25) Lyons Township (26-6) (4A): Lost in Sectional Semifinal. Will reload.