Big Tim's Elite 25 in Chicago Area Week 11!!!
We have some major movement with a sort of unexpected City Champ and some team starting to play up to their potential.
1) Bloom Township(Chicago Heights)(23-5): Back at #1 they are starting to live up to immense potential put on this all Division One starting five at the start of the season. Senior forward Martice Mitchell will have to be consistent the rest of the year for the Blazing Trojans. Next games: Tuesday at Rich East(Forest Park), Friday at home vs Rich Central(Olympia Fields).
2) Thornton Township(Harvey)(26-1): This five man lineup spreads you out on the perimeter and either uses their quickness to get to the basket, or will hit a three pointer on you. Their pressure defense has flummoxed many a team this season. Will they be the #1 seed in the Bloom Sectional? Next game: Tuesday at home vs Thornridge(Dolton).
3) Simeon(Chicago)(22-8): They make a huge jump in my poll by winning the City Title beating Curie(Chicago) who had not lost to an Illinois school, and then Morgan Park(Chicago) both by double digits in semifinals and title game. Senior wing Jeremiah Williams has been impressive lately as has junior guard Ahamad "Black Cat" Bynum, a DePaul commit. Sophomore guard Avion Morris did an impressive defensive job on Player Of The Year candidates Ramean Hinton(Curie), and Adam Miller(Morgan Park). Next game: Class 4A Regionals unless they schedule another game.
4) Curie(Chicago)(24-2): Lost to eventual City Champ Simeon(Chicago) in Chicago Public League Semifinals. First loss to an Illinois team this season. Will they recover to make a run in the Class 4A State Playoffs? Next game: Saturday at #12 Oak Forest.
5) Bogan(Chicago)(23-3): Lost to Morgan Park(Chicago) in Chicago Public League Semifinals. A bad shooting night for the Bengals as they missed shots they normally make. If I was Coach Goodwin I'd burn the film and move onto the Class 3A State Playoff preparations. Next game: Class 3A State Playoffs.
6) Evanston Township(24-3): Beat Niles West on the road. A big week confidence wise for this team as they play at home vs #13 Glenbrook South, a team they have lost to. Seedings will already be out, but it would help the Wildkits to take this game. Will Jaylin Gibson's wrist injury keep him on the shelf for awhile? They also play at home Tuesday vs Kenwood Academy(Chicago).
7) Homewood Flossmoor(22-3): Beat Lockport and Lincoln Way East(Frankfort). Could they secure the #3 seed in the Class 4A Bloom Sectional which is loaded? Next game: Tuesday at Sandburg(Orland Park).
8) Loyola Academy(Wilmette(24-4): Lost at Brother Rice which is a tough place to play but came back to beat Providence Catholic. They are in line for #1 seed in the Class 4A Elk Grove Village Sectional. Tough week of games as they play Tuesday at home vs DePaul Prep(Chicago) and Friday at home vs #16 Fenwick(Oak Park).
9) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(25-4): Lost to Benet(Lisle). Next game: Friday at home vs Carmel(Mundelein).
10) DePaul Prep(Chicago)(21-4): Beat DeLaSalle(Chicago) and lost to Fenwick(Oak Park). Next games: Tuesday at Loyola Academy(Chicago), Friday at home vs Saint Ignatius College Prep(Chicago).
11) West(Joliet)(23-4): Beat Joliet Central in the Battle of Joliet. Next game: Friday at South(Plainfield).
12) Oak Forest(24-1): Beat rival Lemont in double overtime. Next games: Tuesday vs Manteno at home, then a major jump in competition this coming weekend on Saturday vs #4 Curie(Chicago) at home.
13) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(25-3): Beat Maine South(Park Ridge) and Highland Park. Next games: Tuesday at Conant(Schaumburg), Friday at #6 Evanston Township. They are in line to get the #2 seed in the Class 4A Elk Grove Village Sectional.
14) Morgan Park(Chicago)(19-9): Lost to Simeon(Chicago) in Chicago Public League Title Game. Beat Bogan(Chicago) in Semifinals. Next game: Class 3A Regional.
15) Whitney Young(Chicago)(18-9): Lost to Morgan Park(Chicago) in Chicago Public League Quarterfinals. Next game: Class 4A Regionals.
16) Fenwick(Oak Park)(22-6): Jekyl and Hyde team lost to Saint Ignatius(Chicago), beat #10 DePaul Prep(Chicago) and Yorkville Christian. Next games: Tuesday at home vs Saint Joseph(Westchester) and Friday at home vs #8 Loyola Academy(Wilmette).
17) Stevenson(Lincolnshire)(21-4): Beat Lake Zurich, Mundelein, and Prospect(Mount Prospect). The Mundelein win should clinch the #1 seed in the Class 4A Mount Prospect Sectional. Next games: Tuesday vs Waukegan at home, Friday at Warren Township(Gurnee), Saturday at home vs Benet(Lisle).
18) Kankakee(22-4): Beat Rich Central(Olympia Fields), Thornwood(South Holland) and Christ The King(Chicago). Next game: Friday at home vs Crete Monee.
19) Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights)(21-7): Beat St Viator(Arlington Heights), Next game: Wednesday at Catholic(Joliet).
20) York(Elmhurst)(25-3): Beat North(Downers Grove) and Oak Park River Forest. Next games: Tuesday at home vs Proviso West(Hillside), and Friday at home vs Central(Hinsdale).
21) Mundelein(23-4): Beat Zion Benton, lost to #16 Stevenson(Lincolnshire). Next games: Tuesday at Libertyville, Friday Lake Zurich at home, Sunday vs Moline at the United Center.
22) Cary Grove(25-3): Beat McHenry and Hampshire. Next games: Tuesday Schaumburg at home, Friday Jacobs at home.
23) Bolingbrook(23-5): Beat Lincoln Way East(Frankfort) and Leo(Chicago). Next games: Tuesday vs Lockport at home, Friday at Sandburg(Orland Park).
24) Orr(17-7): Lost to Curie in Chicago Public League Quarterfinals. Next game: at Kenwood Academy(Chicago) on Saturday.
25) Hinsdale South(Darien)(26-3): Beat Leyden(Franklin Park) lost to Proviso East(Maywood). Next game: Friday at Addison Trail.