Big Tim's Elite 25 in Chicago Area Week 10!!!!!!!
Some movement within poll but three teams drop out Waubonsie Valley, Bolingbrook and Schaumburg and three teams enter.
1) Curie(Chicago)(23-1): Beat Harlan and Marshall in Chicago Public League Playoffs, beat Mehville(MO) at the Bank of O'Fallon Shootout. Still undefeated against Illinois opponents and rolling while the status of their Head Coach Mike Oliver is still to be determined. Next is Tuesday at home vs #21 Orr in Chicago Public League Playoff Quarterfinals. If they win Friday in Semifinals vs winner of Kenwood Acedemy/Simeon.
2) Bogan(Chicago)(22-2): Beat Urban Prep Englewood and Phillips in Chicago Public League Playoffs. The backcourt of senior guard Antoine Bloxton and junior point guard Darion Jones doign their thing. Next is Tuesday at home vs Crane Medical in Chicago Public League Playoffs Quarterfinals. If they win Friday in Semifinals vs winner of Morgan Park/Whitney Young.
3) Bloom Township(Chicago Heights)(22-5): Beat #17 Kankakee. Their five division one lineup is starting to gel. Next game Friday at home vs Crete Monee.
4) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(25-3): Beat Maine South(Park Ridge), big time rival St Patrick(Chicago) and Hersey(Arlington Heights). Junior point guard Anthony Sayles has fully recovered from his knee injury and is dominating. Next game Friday at Benet Academy.
5) Thornton Township(Harvey)(25-1): Beat #17 Kankakee, Rich South(Richton Park), and Cardinal Ritter(MO). Senior guard DJ Williams has killed it all season though he's signed to play football at Murray State. Next game at Rich East(Park Forest).
6) Loyola Academy(Wilmette)(23-3): Beat St Laurence(Burbank), lost to #16 Stevenson(Lincolnshire) at the Etown Showdown at Northwestern University. Their deliberate offense and lockdown defense looks like a #1 seed in the Elk Grove Village Sectional.Next games Tuesday vs Brother Rice(Chicago) vs Providence Catholic(New Lenox).
7) Evanston Township(23-3): Beat Maine South(Park Ridge) and Sussex Hamilton(WI) in the Etown Showdown at Northwestern University. The all junior lineup that already has state tournament experienced showed in the triple overtime game vs Top junior nationally Patrick Baldwin Jr. Next game Friday at Niles West(Skokie).
8) DePaul Prep(Chicago)(20-3): Beat St Joseph(Westchester). Junior point guard Ty Johnson and junior center Brian Matthews are flourishing as outside/ in combination. Next games Tuesday at DeLaSalle(Chicago), Friday #15 Fenwick(Oak Park) at home.
9) Homewood Flossmoor(20-3): Beat Lincoln Way West and #25 Bolingbrook. The guard Joel Watts and Josiah Palmer are playing solid basketball. Next games Tuesday at home vs Lockport, Friday at Lincoln Way East(Frankfort).
10) Whitney Young(Chicago)(18-8): Beat Taft and Brooks in Chicago Public League Playoffs then beat Marion(AR) at the Bank of O'Fallon Shootout. Tyler Beard showed his improving play by jumping over a Brooks defender and dunking on him. Next game Tuesday vs #14 Morgan Park in Chicago Public League Quarterfinals. If they win Friday vs winner of Crane/Bogan.
11) West(Joliet)(22-4): Beat Plainfield East and Hillcrest at Lewis University. Winning withoiut key players in lineup(injuries). Next game Saturday the Battle of Joliet at Joliet Central.
12) Oak Forest(23-1): Beat Agriculture Science and Thornton Fractional North(Lansing). Rolling through their easy schedule and looking toward Hillcrest for conference title at end of season. Senior guard Jayson Kent should have a lot more division one offers. Next game Friday at Lemont.
13) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(23-3): Beat Waukegan and Glenbrook North(Northbrook) in the Battle of Glenbrook. Senior wing Dom Martinelli is still putting up big numbers, and putting in a bid for Area Player Of The Year. Next games Friday at Maine South(Park Ridge), Saturday vs Highland Park at Horseshoe Shootout at Lake Park.
14) Morgan Park(Chicago)(17-8): Beat Agriculture Science then Westinghouse. Can they put it together as the most talented team in the Chicag Public League and make a run at the Class 3A title? Next at #10 Whitney Young in Chicago Public League Quarterfinals, if they win Friday vs winner of Crane/Bogan.
15) Fenwick(Oak Park)(20-5): Beat Brother Rice. Junior wing Bryce Hopkins and sophomore point guard Trey Pettigrew have been consistent scoring threats all year. Next game at home vs St Ignatius(Chicago), Friday at #8 DePaul Prep(Chicago).
16) Stevenson(Lincolnshire)(18-4): Beat then #3 Loyola Academy(Wilmette). Robert Holmes Jr showed out vs Loyola Academy(Wilmette). Next games Tuesday at home vs Lake Zurich, Friday at #19 Mundelein, Saturday Prospect at Horseshoe Shootout at Lake Park.
17) Kankakee(19-4): Lost to #5 Thornton Township(Harvey) and #2 Bloom Township(Chicago Heights). Tough schedule for the Kays. Next games Wednesday at home vs Rich Central(Olympia Fields), Friday at Thornwood(South Holland), Saturday at Christ The King(Chicago).
18) Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights)(20-7): Beat Brother Rice(Chicago), Benet(Lisle), and Madison East(WI). Senior guards Ahron Ulis and Joe Green are turning it up. Next game St Viator(Arlington Heights).
19) Mundelein(21-3): Beat Conant(Schaumburg) and Lake Forest. Best guard/big man combination in the area in juniors Connor Enright and Scottie Ebube. Next games Tuesday at home vs Zion Benton, Friday at home vs #16 Stevenson(Lincolnshire).
20) York(Elmhurst):(23-3): Beat Oswego East at the Ernie Kivisto Shootout at West Aurora. Nate Shockley having big time scoring games lately. Next games Friday at home vs North(Downers Grove), Saturday at Oak Park River Forest.
21) Orr(Chicago)(17-6): Back in the rankings and on a roll since senior guard Reggie Strong became eligible. They have a tough toad to win the Chicago Public League Title, but have established themselves as favorites to win a fourth straight Class 2A State Title. They beat one of their toughest teams in the way Corliss in the 2nd round of Chicago Public League Playoffs. They may see them again in Supersectional. They also beat Mather in first round. Next game at #1 Curie Tuesday. If they win Friday vs winner of Kenwood Academy/Simeon.
22) Hinsdale South(Darien)(25-2): Beat Montini Catholic, South(Downers Grove) and and Kaneland. They keep rolling along though the schedule is not the strongest they are taking care of business. Next games Friday at Leyden(Franklin Park), Saturday Proviso East(Maywood) at home.
23) Simeon(Chicago)(19-8): They keep getting better and better with their team chemistry. I believe they will get to the Chicago Public League Semifinals then not sure after that. Beat King, and Farragut in Chicago Public League Playoffs, then beat a strong Collinsville team at the Bank of O'Fallon Shootout. Next game Tuesday vs Kenwood Academy in Chicago Public League Quarterfinals. If they win Friday in Semifinals vs winner of #21 Orr vs #1 Curie.
24) Cary Grove(23-3): They are new to the poll and have dominated the Fox Valley all year. They are led by senior guard Beau Frericks and senior center Frank Jakubicek. Next game Tuesday at home vs McHenry, Saturday at Hampshire.
25) Bolingbrook(21-5): Beat Sandburg, lost to #9 Homewood Flossmoor, beat Aurora(West) at Ernie Kivisto Shootout at Aurora(East). Senior guard Darius Burford is doing his part to take Bolingbrook to the next level. Next game Tuesday at Lincoln Way East(Frankfort), Sunday vs Leo(Chicago) at Evergreen Shootout.