Big Tim's Chicago Area Elite 25 Week 6!!! Final Poll!!!!
Updated: Mar 23, 2021
Season is over as Chicago Public League wrapped up this week. Shortened season with a lot of action packed in that time. Some teams fall out and others will enter the poll.
1) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)(13-0)- South Suburban Champs. Dominated their conference all season. Season complete. Loss of all senior starting lineup will command a rebuild. Will rebuild around Class of 2023 guard Bryce Tillery(5'7") and Class of 2022 Kamryn Thomas(6'7").
2) DePaul College Prep(Chicago)(14-2)- Chipotle Clash of Champions Champ. Loss to Loyola(Wilmette) kept them from #1. Season complete. Another all-senior lineup will command a rebuild. Class of 2022 Dylan Arnett(6'9") becomes the star. Watch for Class of 2024 Payton Kamin(6'3") at the guard spot.
3) Rolling Meadows(15-0)- Mid Suburban Champs first time in 30 years. Losses McDonald's All-American Michigan State commit Max Christie who is school and Mid Suburban All-Time Leading Scorer. Returns a great young nucleus including Class of 2023 Cameron Christie(6'4"). Season complete. Class of 2022 guard Orlando Thomas(6'0") will be a top wing scorer again. Class of 2023 Foster Ogbonna(6'3") will be a glass eater.
4) Evanston Township(17-3)- Chipotle Clash of Champions Runner-up. Central Suburban South Tri-Champs. Won or shared title for 7 years in a row. Class of 2021 Princeton commit Blake Peters became school's All-Time leading scorer. Season complete. Complete rebuild or reload? Class of 2022 Rashawn Bost(6'0") will be the leader at point guard. It's his time along with Class of 2023 Prince Adams(6'6"). Rumors are highly touted Class of 2025 Yaris Irby(5'8") will enroll in the Fall.
5) Simeon(Chicago)(9-1)- Lost to #4 Evanston Township in Chipotle Clash of Champions Semifinals. Will have a lot of losses but the Wolverines seem to reload every year. Monster talented backcourt of Class of 2022 Jaylen Drane(6'4") and Avion Morris(5'8") returns along with Class of 2023 Jalen Griffith(5'7"). Look for a transfer or two.
6) Whitney Young(Chicago)(15-1)- Lost to #2 DePaul College Prep(Chicago) in Quarterfinals of Chipotle Clash of Champions. Losses Grant Newell and Jaehshon Thomas but has a lot of talent returning. Class of 2022 AJ Casey(6'8") one of the top 15 players in the country in his class returns. Classmate Xavier Amos(6'8") along with Class of 2023 talents Dalen Davis(6'0") and Daniel Johnson(6'5") makes the Dolphins a serious candidate for preseason #1 next year.
7) Mundelein(13-2)- Lost to Fenwick(Oak Park) without Class of 2021 Drake commit point guard Connor Enright. Enright, Southern Illinois commit Scotie Ebube and Trey Baker and Jack Bikus put Mundelein back on the map. Season complete. Class of 2023 Scott Martin(6'6") returns but not much else.
8) Glenbard West(Glen Elyn)(16-1)- West Suburban Tournament Champs. Returns Class of 2022 talents Braden Huff(6'9") and Caden Pierce(6'6"). Season complete. Will contend for a trip to Champaign and Class 4A State Finals next season. Huff will be one of the top prospects in the State next season.
9) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(15-3)- Lost to Evanston Township in Quarterfinals of Chipotle Champions Classic. East Suburban Catholic League Champs. Losses three division one players Harvard commit Louis Lesmond, Southern Illinois commit Troy D'Amico, and Anthony Sayles. Rebuild. Season complete. Class of 2023 Sonny Williams(6'0") takes over at point guard and will be the star of the team.
10) Kankakee(12-1)- Southland Conference Regular Season and Tournament Champs. Will reload as they return a lot of Class of 2022 talent. Lost to Thornton Township(Harvey) but avenged the loss in Conference Title Game. Season complete.
11) Brother Rice(Chicago)(13-1)- Only loss was to #2 DePaul College Prep(Chicago) the Chipotle Clash of Champions Titlist. Chicago Catholic League Blue Co-Champs. Class of 2023 point guard Ahmad Henderson III(5'9") returns. Season complete. Who will step up to help Henderson III?
12) Fenwick(Oak Park)(13-3)- Lost to #2 DePaul College Prep(Chicago) in Semifinals of Chipotle Clash of Champions. Losses Kentucky commit Bryce Hopkins but will return 4 starters from Class of 2022. Gabe Madej(6'5"), Denium Juette(6'3"), David Gieser(6'0"), and Elan Pugh(6'3"). Chicago Catholic League Co-Champs. Season complete.
13) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(16-2)- Central Suburban Conference Tri-Champs. Loss a chance to win outright losing a 22 point lead in loss at New Trier(Winnetka), and chance to be in Chipotle Clash of Champions. Returns their top 2 players Class of 2022 Cooper Noard(6'0") and Nick Martinelli(6'7"). Season complete. Will be a contender again for Central Suburban South title.
14) Kenwood Academy(Chicago)(12-2)- Contender for Chicago Public League title next season if they stay intact. Class of 2023 trio of JJ Taylor(6'8"), Darrin "Dae Dae" Ames(6'0") and Darius Loury(6'7") is a great future nucleus. Look for Class of 2023 talent Chris Pickett(6'4") to have a bigger role next season.
15) Curie(Chicago)(8-2)- Perfect 4-0 week. Has some young talent to build on for next season to get back to being a Chicago Public League Powerhouse. Class of 2024 talents Carlos Harris(6'2") and Taevion Collier(6'6") are building blocks.
16) DeKalb(18-1)- Lost last game to Sycamore. Class of 2022 nucleus of Tyler Westberg, and Lane McVicar return. Season complete. Surrounding talent will be key to this team contending.
17) Lemont(12-1)- Only loss is to #1 Hillcrest(Country Club Hills). Class of 2024 player Nojus Indrusaitis(6'4") is the future of the program. Season complete. If they can get some good players around Indrusaitis they might challenge Hillcrest(Country Club Hills) for South Suburban Blue Conference title.
18) West(Joliet)(12-2)- They will have to rebuild after losing Ashton Burbridge, and Jaiden Lee. Will Class of 2023 Jeremy Fears Jr return from LaLumiere(IN)?
19) New Trier(Winnetka)(13-2)- Came back from 22 point deficit to ruin Glenbrook South(Glenview)'s dreams of getting into the Chipotle Champions Classic. Central Suburban South Conference Tri-Champs. They will contend with just enough returnees to stay in conversation for conference title. Season complete. Class of 2022 Jack Munro(6'8") will be more of a force on the interior next season. Trevians are back with the big boys of the Central Suburban South.
20) Corliss(Chicago)(11-3)- Lost to #14 Curie(Chicago) and #15 Kenwood Academy(Chicago) Class 2A contender for years to come. Season complete.
21) Westinghouse(Chicago)(8-1)- New to the poll. Only loss was to #6 Whitney Young(Chicago). Lose Kier Jordan and Gary Johns but still has some talent returning to compete in the Chicago Public League Red North/West.
22) North(Downers Grove)(13-2)- Beat Glenbard West(Glen Elyn) then lost to them in West Suburban Conference Title Game. Co-Champs of the West Suburban Silver. Season complete.
23) Wheaton Warrenville South(16-2)- New to the poll. DuKane Conference Champ. Season complete.
24) Barrington(10-3)- New to the poll. Mid Suburban Runner-Up. Season complete.
25) Lake Forest(12-4)- Back in the poll. North Suburban Runner-Up. Class of 2023 Asa Thomas(6'5") will be the star. Can they have some good role players around him next season.
If anyone has not turned in their Elite 25 All-Area Team nominees, please send the nominees height, position, and stats to firstname.lastname@example.org. or DM me on twitter. Thanks.