Big Tim's Chicago Area Elite 25 Week 4!!!!!!!!!
Updated: Mar 7, 2021
Last week of the season is coming up for all teams except for the Chicago Public League which has two weeks left. No State Tournament but Conference tournaments, Crossovers, Chipotle Classic should be another exciting week of basketball.
1) Simeon Career Academy(Chicago)(4-0)- They've been winning without DePaul commit Class of 2021 Ahamad "Black Cat" Bynum(6'2"). Just beat Bogan(Chicago) in overtime. Fellow classmate Michigan commit Isaiah Barnes(6'5") has been taking up the slack adjusting to Chicago Public League play. Tuesday at #17 Homewood Flossmoor, Thursday at #18 Corliss(Chicago), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(at Notre Dame College Prep).
2) Whitney Young(Chicago)(11-0)- Winning a lot of close games which shows the toughness of the team. Won 5 games this week without Class of 2023 point guard Dalen Davis(6'0"). Class of 2023 Daniel Johnson(6'5") has stepped forward to play great basketball as has Class of 2022 Xavier Amos(6'7"). Lots of talent for the Dolphins. Wednesday at Schurz(Chicago), Thursday at Marian Catholic(Chicago), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(at Notre Dame College Prep).
3) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)(10-0)- Running through the South Suburban Blue with ease. Maybe they should have had a spot in the Chipotle Classic? Would have been interesting to see how they'd do. Class of 2021 Julian Rollins(6'6") has not missed a beat coming back from injury. Tuesday at Argo(Summit), Thursday hosts Bremen(Midlothian), Friday at Richards(Oak Lawn).
4) Mundelein(13-1)- Had a 3-0 week capped by a blowout of arch rival Carmel(Mundelein). Drake commit Class of 2021 Connor Enright(6'0") and classmate Southern Illinois commit Scottie Ebube(6'8") playing their last week together after being 4 year varsity performers. Will have a chance to up their profile in the Chipotle Classic this week. Tuesday hosts Libertyville in North Suburban Tournament, Friday TBD Quarterfinals Chipotle Classic, Saturday Semifinals Chipotle Tournament or North Suburban Tournament Title Game.
5) Glenbard West(Glen Elyn)(13-0)- Balanced scoring and three point shooting have propelled the Hilltoppers into Top 5. Dominated the West Suburban Conference this season. Had two blowout wins in West Surburban Conference Tournament. They are usually known as a football school but the basketball program is having their say. Class of 2022 Caden Pierce(6'6") has given consistent production from the wing spot. Tuesday hosts York(Elmhurst), Friday at North(Downers Grove), Saturday West Suburban Tournament and Championship Game.
6) Rolling Meadows(12-0)- Was breezing through the Mid Suburban as of late till they had a tight 2 point win over Prospect(Mt Prospect) on Friday. Class of 2021 Ryan Stubitsch hit a huge three late to seal the Prospect game. Christie brothers Michigan State commit McDonalds All-American Class of 2021 Max, and Class of 2023 Cameron have received lots of help from teammates this season. A shame they were not included in the Chipotle Classic. Tuesday hosts #25 Hersey(Arlington Heights), Thursday at Prospect(Mt Prospect), Friday hosts Conant(Schaumburg).
7) Evanston Township(13-2)- Spilt games with Arch Rival New Trier(Winnetka). Went 4-1 for the week but the loss to the Trevians have hurt their chances to play in the Chipotle Classic.
Wildkits have been hurt by some academic issues with some players this week. Class of 2021 Princeton commit Blake Peters(6'1") has played at a high level, became the schools' all-time leading scorer this week. Fellow classmate Daehsawn Hemphill(6'0") has been solid on both ends of the court. Tuesday at Highland Park, Wednesday hosts Maine South(Park Ridge), Friday TBD(?) Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(Notre Dame College Prep).
8) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(13-2)- Missed a shot at the buzzer at St Viator(Arlington Heights) first loss out of three buzzer beaters this season. First loss with Class of 2021 point guard Anthony Sayles(6'3") in the lineup. Will have home court advantage for the Chipotle Classic. Monday hosts Maine South(Park Ridge) neighborhood rivalry, Tuesday at Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(Notre Dame College Prep).
9) DePaul College Prep(Chicago)(8-2)- Losses to Loyola Academy(Wilmette) and Fenwick(Oak Park) this week drops their profile a bit. Chicago Catholic League is very competitive. Loyola commit Class of 2021 Ty Johnson(6'2") is still playing at a high level. Will have to regroup this week to be ready for Chipotle Classic. Tough week upcoming outside of Chipotle. Monday big game as #12 Brother Rice(Chicago) visits, Tuesday at Leo(Chicago), Wednesday at St Rita(Chicago), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic.
10) Kankakee(9-0)- Improving Rich Township pushed them to overtime but the Kays survived. Class of 2021 point guard Corliss transfer Amarion Osbourne(5'11") has played at a high level running the offense. Can they finished this shortened season undefeated? Monday at Thornridge(Dolton), Tuesday hosts Thornton(Harvey), Friday Southland Tournament Semifinals.
11) Curie(Chicago)(3-1)- Won all three games this week as Class of 2021 point guard Nick Owens(5'9") returned to steady the offense. Fellow classmate Phillip Berryhill(6'5") has to be more aggressive to take the Condors to the next level. Monday hosts Collins(Chicago), Tuesday hosts Hyde Park(Chicago), Thursday at St Ignatius(Chicago), Saturday hosts Phillips(Chicago).
12) Brother Rice(Chicago)(11-0)- Team greater than the sum of it's parts. Another team that may have been bypassed for the Chipotle Classic. Class of 2023 point guard Ahmad Henderson II(5'9") continues to play high level basketball for the Crusaders. Bobby Frasor is showing himself to be one of the best coaches in the area. Loyola(Wilmette) has been a tough opponent for the top teams in the Catholic League, but Brother Rice got the win. Monday at #9 DePaul College Prep(Chicago), Friday hosts St Rita(Chicago).
13) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(14-1)- Has the upper hand to get to the Chipotle Classic. They will have to win all their games this week, and maybe do some schedule shuffling to be available to play in the Chipotle Classic. Class of 2022 classmates Cooper Noard(5'11") and Nick Martinelli(6'7") are great table setters to have represent the Central Suburban Conference. Can they finish the job? Monday at New Trier(Winnetka), Tuesday at Vernon Hills, Friday at Arch Rival Glenbrook North(Northbrook) or TBD Quarterfinals Chipotle Classic, Saturday TBD Semifinals of Chipotle Classic or hosts Arch Rival Glenbrook North(Northbrook). Could their Arch Rival ruin the party?
14) Fenwick(Oak Park)(11-2)- Won three games including beating previous #2 DePaul College Prep(Chicago). The 4 juniors are playing well surrounding Kentucky commit Class of 2021 Bryce Hopkins(6'7"). They do have to fix their end of quarter execution and almost gave away a huge lead to young St Rita(Chicago) but survived. They have some tune-up games to get ready for the Chipotle Classic. Monday at St Laurence(Burbank), Wednesday hosts Loyola(Wilmette), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(Notre Dame College Prep).
15) DeKalb(16-0)- Breezing through the DuPage Valley Conference. Will have to view a couple of games this week for the Barbs. Monday at Neuqua Valley(Naperville), Tuesday at Central(Naperville), Saturday at Sycamore.
16) Kenwood Academy(Chicago)-Lost to #1 Simeon Career Academy(Chicago) and #11 Curie(Chicago). Both teams slowed down Class of 2023 Javonte "JJ" Taylor(6'8"). Fellow classmate Darrin 'Dae Dae" Ames(6"0") is playing very well. Young team is not backing down to anyone in the Chicago Public League. Tuesday at Bogan(Chicago), Thursday at Hyde Park(Chicago), Saturday hosts #21 Brooks(Chicago).
17) Homewood Flossmoor(8-2)- Lost to Sandburg(Orland Park). Has a chance at revenge on Tuesday as Sandburg(Orland Park) visits, Friday hosts Bolingbrook.
18) Corliss(Chicago)(8-1)- Lost to Brooks(Chicago) this week but others lost at least twice around them so they move up. Monday hosts Perspectives MSA(Chicago), Tuesday at Morgan Park(Chicago), Thursday hosts #1 Simeon Career Academy(Chicago), Saturday at Hyde Park(Chicago). Correction from last week, Corliss(Chicago) is in Class 2A.
19) Michelle Clark(Chicago)(4-1)- Went 3-0 last week. Starting to incorporate the Jones brothers into the mix. Wednesday home vs Farragut(Chicago), home vs Schurz(Chicago), hosts #2 Whitney Young(Chicago).
20) Lemont(9-1)- New to the poll. Destroyed previous #19 Richards(Oak Lawn). Tuesday at Thornton Fractional South(Lansing), Thursday hosts Reavis(Burbank),
21) Brooks(Chicago)(3-1)- New to the poll. Beat #18 Corliss(Chicago) and previous #25 Hyde Park(Chicago). Tuesday at Phillips(Chicago), Wednesday at Bowen(Chicago), Thursday hosts Morgan Park(Chicago), Saturday at #16 Kenwood Academy(Chicago).
22) West(Joliet)(9-2)- New to the poll. Doing pretty well without Jeremy Fears Jr. Class of 2021 Ashawn Burbridge(6'5") and Jaiden Lee(6'4") have picked up the slack. Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Southwest Prairie Tournament.
23) North(Downers Grove)(10-1)- New to the poll. Quietly playing consistently good basketball. Tuesday at Lyons(LaGrange), Friday #5 Glenbard West(Glen Elyn), Saturday West Suburban Playoffs and Championship.
24) St Patrick(Chicago)(8-2)- Moves back into the poll. Class of 2022 Timaris Brown is the star. Tuesday at Carmel(Mundelein), Friday TBD Quarterfinals at Chipotle Classic(Notre Dame College Prep).
25) Hersey(Arlington Heights)(12-2)- New to the poll. Class of 2021 Ethan Roberts(6'5") is a great shooter. Tuesday at #6 Rolling Meadows, Friday hosts Barrington.
#17 Thornton Township(Harvey), #18 Bolingbrook, #19 Richards(Oak Lawn), #22 Waubonsie Valley(Aurora), #23 Benet(Lisle), #25 Hyde Park(Chicago) all drop out.