Big Tim's Chicago Area Elite 25 Week 3!!!!!
Lot's of movement this week as there were a lot of upsets especially on Friday night. Busy week coming for a lot of the area teams. DeKalb, Corliss, and Hyde Park(Chicago) enter the poll. Here we go:
1) Simeon(Chicago)(1-0)- Comeback victory at #12 Curie(Chicago) as Michigan commit Class of 2021 Isaiah Barnes(6'5") and Class of 2023 Jalen Griffith(5'8") had big games to help the Wolverines survive. Huge game at home vs #10 Kenwood Academy(Chicago) on Tuesday, at #25 Hyde Park(Chicago) on Thursday, at Bogan(Chicago) on Saturday.
2) DePaul Prep(Chicago)(6-0)- Impressive wins this week over St Laurence(Burbank) and Montini(Lombard) on the road. They get a bump up two spots in the rankings. Loyola Chicago commit Ty Johnson(6'2") is playing like an Area Player Of The Year candidate. Classmate Rasheed Bello(6'0") is playing at a high level as is Massachusetts commit Brian Matthews(6'10"). Monday Loyola(Wilmette) visits, Wednesday Mount Carmel visits, Friday at #16 Fenwick(Oak Park).
3) Whitney Young(Chicago)(6-0)- Ran through Lincoln Park(Chicago) and previous #9 Thornton Township(Harvey). Comparative result with St Laurence(Burbank) to DePaul Prep(Chicago) precipitates their drop of one spot. Top 15 National prospect in Class of 2022 Andre Casey Jr(6'8") has put up solid numbers. Class of 2023 Dalen Davis(6'0") is improving at the point guard position. Tuesday at St Rita(Chicago), Wednesday at Westinghouse(Chicago), Friday Orr(Chicago) visits, Saturday Farragut(Chicago) visits The Pool.
4) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)(7-0)- South Suburban powerhouse keeps rolling. Impressive win over Oak Forest this week. Class of 2021 Julian Rollins(6'6") is back from hamstring injury. Makes the game grimy with their full court press using their length and quickness. Fellow classmate Mar'Keise "Bucky" Irving(5'11") has been solid in the backcourt. Eisenhower(Blue Island) visits on Monday, Wednesday at Reavis(Burbank), Friday hosts Thornton Fractional South(Lansing).
5) Mundelein(10-1)- Won a revenge game vs Lake Forest as they look like themselves with Class of 2021 Southern Illinois commit Scottie Ebube(6'8"). Fellow classmate Drake commit Connor Enright(6'0") has complemented him well as they have played together for 4 years. Maryville commit Trey Baker(5'11") has shot the three very well. Tuesday at Zion Benton, Arch Rival Carmel(Mundelein) visits on Saturday.
6) Evanston Township(9-1)- Split games vs Glenbrook South(Glenview) lost at home won on the road. Princeton commit Class of 2021 Blake Peters(6'1") broke out of a shooting slump in the win. Fellow classmate Ola Ajiboye(6'7") did some great rim protecting in Saturday. Class of 2022 Rashawn Bost(5'10") has had a great season so far as has Class of 2023 Prince Adams(6'5"). Monday at Maine West(Des Plaines) Tuesday hosts Deerfield, then consecutive games with arch rival New Trier(Winnetka) home on Friday, away on Saturday.
7) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(11-1)- Wins another buzzer beater over Benet(Lisle). Southern Illinois commit Troy D'Amico(6'7") did the honors this time with a game winning rebound follow-up. Offense runs smoother with fellow classmate Anthony Sayles(6'3") at the controls. Harvard commit Louis Lesmond(6'5") has been a consistent scorer this season. Tuesday home vs Marian Central(Woodstock), Friday at St Viator(Arlington Heights), Saturday Loyola visits the Dons Dome.
8) Glenbard West(Glen Elyn)(9-0)- Won impressively at Oak Park River Forest without a huge contribution from Class of 2022 Braden Huff(6'9"). Fellow classmate Caden Pierce(6'6") is a versatile scorer who affects the game in a lot of different ways. Moves up two spots. I'll mention this again, impressive size for a high school team. Young team becoming better by each game. Tuesday at Lyons(LaGrange), hosts Proviso East(Maywood).
9) Rolling Meadows(10-0)- Rolling through the Mid Surburban with ease. A couple of blowout wins this week. Michigan State commit Class of 2021 Max Christie(6'6") was named McDonald's All-American this week. His brother Class of 2023 Cameron Christie(6'4") is playing more aggressive this year looking for his offense more and more by the game. Fellow classmate Foster Ogbonna(6'4") has been a rebounding machine this year. Wednesday home vs Elk Grove(Elk Grove Village), Friday Prospect(Mt Prospect) visits.
10) Kenwood Academy(Chicago)(4-0)- Sophomore laden team has feasted on their first four opponents this season. They make a big jump in the rankings. Class of 2023 Javonte "JJ" Taylor(6'8") is averaging 37 points a game. Classmates Darren "Dae Dae" Ames(6'0"), and Davius Loury(6'7") are putting up big numbers too. Schedule gets a little tougher this week. Tuesday visits #1 Simeon(Chicago), Thursday visits #12 Curie(Chicago), Saturday at Phillips(Chicago).
11) Kankakee(5-0)- Got the monkey off their back winning at Thornton(Harvey), a tough place to win. Huge jump in my rankings. Class of 2021 Rashard Harris(6'4) has been outstanding along with fellow classmate Kamar Whittaker(6'4"). Corliss transfer Class of 2021 Amarion Osbourne(5'11") has been a huge addition running the offense.
12) Curie(Chicago)(0-1)- Led #1 Simeon(Chicago) by 11 in the fourth quarter before losing the lead and the game. Class of 2021 Nick Owens(5'10") is the undisputed leader of the team but did not play vs Simeon(injury). They have a couple of freshman(Class of 2024) players who are the real deal: Carlos Harris Jr(6'2), and Taevion Collier(6'6") younger brother for former Curie McDonald's All-American Cliff Alexander. Tuesday at Bogan(Chicago), Thursday hosts #10 Kenwood Academy(Chicago), Saturday at Morgan Park(Chicago).
13) Brother Rice(Chicago)(8-0)- Beat Fenwick(Oak Park) on a three pointer from Class of 2023 Ahmad Henderson II(5'9") who's the floor general of the team. Back court mate Class of 2021 Brandon Bryant(5'10") provides assistance especially on the defensive end. Classmate Luke Moustakas(6'7") give them size and toughness. This team spreads you out, drives and kicks out for three pointers. Also beat their rival Marist(Chicago) this week. Monday at St Laurence(Burbank), Wednesday at Loyola(Wilmette), hosts St Joseph(Westchester) on Thursday, Friday hosts Leo(Chicago). Busy week for Crusaders.
14) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(11-1)- Split with #6 Evanston Township this week. Class of 2022 Nick Martinelli(6'7") was excellent in both games scoring inside and from three point range. Hit the boards as well. Fellow classmate Cooper Noard(5'11") was a mixed bag in both games. Played well in the win, was nonexistent in the loss. It shows that this team goes as he goes. Has a good shot at the Central Suburban title. Tuesday hosts Maine West(Des Plaines), Friday at Maine South(Park Ridge), Saturday at Niles West(Skokie).
15) Homewood Flossmoor(7-1)- Only loss is to #3 Whitney Young(Chicago). Beat Bolingbrook in a tight game. Class of 2021 Chad Readey(6'7") is the lead dog for this squad. Tuesday at Lincoln Way East(Frankfort), Friday hosts Sandburg(Orland Park).
16) Fenwick(Oak Park)(8-2)- Last second loss to #13 Brother Rice(Chicago) the second one in over a week. Kentucky commit Class of 2021 Bryce Hopkins(6'7") has had a double/double in every game this season. Class of 2022 Gabe Madej(6'5") is a sniper from three point range. Junior laden team with a bright future. Wednesday hosts Leo(Chicago), Friday hosts #2 DePaul Prep(Chicago).
17) Thornton Township(Harvey)(2-2)- Lost to Kankakee and Whitney Young(Chicago). Missing Class of 2021 Sean Burress. East Tennessee State commit Class of 2021 Brandon Hall(6'4") is having to carry a heavy load for this team. Monday at Thornwood(South Holland), Tuesday at Crete Monee, Thursday hosts Bloom(Chicago Heights).
18) Bolingbrook(7-2)- Lost to Homewood Flossmoor but was missing Class of 2021 Kai Evans(6'1") who was out with an injury. Class of 2023 Donoven Younger(6'8") has been a bigger part of the offense. Monday visits #22 Waubonsie Valley(Aurora), Wednesday at arch rival Romeoville(?), Friday at Lockport.
19) Richards(Oak Lawn)(6-0)- Sleeper team in the Chicago Area. A bunch of unknown players who play well together. Moves up in poll this week. Monday at Lemont, Wednesday at Tinley Park, Friday at Eisenhower(Blue Island), Saturday hosts Oak Forest.
20) DeKalb(13-0)- They have been impressive running out to undefeated record. Tuesday hosts North(Naperville), Wednesday hosts Metea Valley(Aurora), Friday hosts #22 Waubonsie Valley(Aurora),
21) Corliss(Chicago)(5-0)- New to the poll. Beat Michelle Clark(Chicago) in a blowout this weekend. Would have been a serious contender for Class 3A State title if there was a State Playoff. Today hosts Englewood STEM, Monday at Bogan(Chicago), Tuesday at Brooks(Chicago), Thursday hosts Phillips(Chicago).
22) Waubonsie Valley(Aurora)(7-2)- Won all their games this week. Class of 2022 Ben Schweiger(6'5") is the star. Monday hosts #18 Bolingbrook, Tuesday hosts Metea Valley(Aurora), Friday at #20 DeKalb, Saturday at Metea Valley(Aurora).
23) Benet(Lisle)(6-2)- Lost a heartbreaker at the buzzer to #7 Notre Dame College Prep(Niles).
Tuesday hosts Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights), Friday at St Patrick(Chicago).
24) Michelle Clark(Chicago)(1-1)- Beat North Lawndale(Chicago) lost to #21 Corliss(Chicago). Class of 2022 Darrius Perryman scored 19 points in fourth quarter of the win over North Lawndale(Chicago). Wednesday hosts Lane Tech(Chicago), Friday at Marshall(Chicago).
25) Hyde Park(Chicago)(3-0)- New to the rankings. Let's see how long they can stay in? Tuesday at Morgan Park(Chicago), Thursday hosts #1 Simeon(Chicago), Saturday at Brooks(Chicago).
#14 St Patrick(Chicago), #15 North Lawndale(Chicago), #19 Lake Forest drops out.