Big Tim's Chicago Area Elite 25 Week 2!!!!!
Chicago Public League starts their season in full swing this week with league games. Look for the games to come fast and furious.
1) Simeon(Chicago)(0-0)- They start this week at #8 Curie(Chicago) on Thursday. Loaded team starts on the road. Look for more leadership this year from DePaul commit Class of 2021 Ahamad "Black Cat" Bynum(6'2").
2) Whitney Young(Chicago)(3-0)- Allowed a late comeback by St Laurence(Burbank) earlier today but survived. Could have been fatigue as it was their third game in three days. They will need to get #1 Class of 2022 player AJ Casey more involved with more touches to reach their potential as a team. They open league play with Lincoln Park(Chicago) at home on Friday.
3) Evanston Township(7-0)- They have breezed through most of their schedule so far but they have two major tests this week with #16 Glenbrook South back to back on Friday at home, then Saturday on the road. Class of 2021 Blake Peters is having a great senior season. Top performances this week from their future, Class of 2022 Rashawn Bost(5'10") and Class of 2023 Prince Adams(6'5"). They are also at Niles North(Skokie) on Tuesday.
4) DePaul Prep(Chicago)(3-0)- Looked impressive in wins over St Ignatius and Marian Catholic. Loyola commit Class of 2021 Ty Johnson(6'2") has come out like gang busters. He seems to be making up for lost time. Fellow Class of 2021 players Rasheed Bello(5'11") and Massachusetts commit Brian Mathews(6'10") have been great support. Providence(New Lenox) comes in Wednesday, then at St Laurence(Burbank) on Friday.
5) Hillcrest(Country Club Hills)(5-0)- Their pressure defense has been rolling over opponents even without Class of 2021 Julian Rollins(6'6"). Top performances from Class of 2021 guard Mar'Keise "Bucky" Irving(5'11") and Jakobi Heady(6'6") have led the way. Tuesday at Shepard, then at Oak Forest on Thursday.
6) Mundelein(7-1)- Three easy wins this week as Class of 2021 Southern Illinois commit Scottie Ebube(6'8") has been flexing his muscles this week with double/doubles. Fellow Class of 2021 player Trey Baker committed to Maryville on Monday of this week. Congrats. Tuesday at Warren(Gurnee), #19 Lake Forest comes to visit on Friday(revenge game), Waukegan comes in on Saturday.
7) Notre Dame College Prep(Niles)(8-1)- Won a huge game at then #9 Fenwick)Oak Park) in overtime on a last second 3/4 court shot by Harvard commit Class of 2021 Louis Lesmond. It was $#6 on ESPN Sportscenter Top 10. The team is running much smoother now that Class of 2021 point guard Anthony Sayles is back from a knee injury. They have to get Southern Illinois commit Troy D'Amico's three point shot back to efficiency. Tuesday at Carmel(Mundelein), #24 Benet(Lisle) comes to visit on Friday, Northridge(Niles) comes in on Saturday.
8) Curie(Chicago)(0-0)- Opens up Tuesday at King(Chicago) then at home vs #1 Simeon(Chicago) on Thursday.
9) Thornton Township(Harvey)(1-0)- Come back win at Rich Township. Class of 2021 East Tennessee State commit Brandon Hall and Sean Burress are the linchpins of this team. They'll go where these guys lead them. Monday is a big game with #21 Kankakee coming in, then Thornridge(Dolton) on Tuesday, #2 Whitney Young(Chicago) comes in on Saturday.
10) Glenbard West(Glen Elyn)(7-0)- This is probably the biggest team in the area that goes 6'9", 6'8", and two 6'6" players. Only one of them is a senior. Class of 2022 stars Braden Huff(6'9") and Cade Pierce(6'6") are the leaders. They are off to a great start to the season. Tuesday Hinsdale Central(Hinsdale) comes in, Friday at Oak Park River Forest.
11) Rolling Meadows(7-0)- Had a big test getting by Hersey(Arlington Heights) in a come back victory led by the Christie brothers. Class of 2021 Michigan State commit Max Christie(6'6") has played like the #1 player in the State. Class of 2023 Cameron Christie(6'4") is a future star and is getting better by the game. Class of 2021 David Sobkowicz(6'2") has done the dirty work, hitting threes, rebounding and being a third option. Tuesday at Buffalo Grove, Friday at Elk Grove, at Hoffman Estates on Saturday.
12) Fenwick(Oak Park)(5-1)- Tough loss at home in overtime to #7 Notre Dame College Prep. Kentucky commit Class of 2021 #2 player Bryce Hopkins(6'7") has had a double/double in every game this season. Class of 2022 Gabe Madej(6'5") has the potential to loosen defenses with his three point shooting. Monday at St Joseph(Westchester), Wednesday St Ignatius(Chicago) comes in, Friday a tough one at #23 Brother Rice(Chicago)
13) Bolingbrook(5-1)- Upset by Andrew(Tinley Park) this week. They seem to have a clunker or two like this every season. Will have to involve Class of 2023 Donoven Younger(6'8") more into the offense. Big game Tuesday at home vs #17 Homewood Flossmoor, Host Lincoln Way East(Frankfort) on Friday, at Lincoln Way Central(New Lenox) on Saturday. Big week for The Brook.
14) St Patrick(Chicago)(3-1)- Lost at home to their arch rival #7 Notre Dame College Prep(Niles). Class of 2022 Timaris Brown has stepped up his game this year. Has the team that can surprise some higher ranked teams. Tuesday at Marian Central(Woodstock), Friday at Marian Catholic(Chicago Heights), Saturday hosts #19 Lake Forest.
15) North Lawndale College Prep(Chicago)(0-0)- Opens season Friday hosting #18 Clark(Chicago).
16) Glenbrook South(Glenview)(9-0)- Keeps rolling and showing they are serious contenders to win the Central Suburban again this season. Class of 2022 Cooper Noard(6'1") and Nick Martinelli(6'7") keep rolling up consistently good performances. Big week for them as they play #3 Evanston Township twice. Friday on the road, Saturday at home. These games could decide the Central Suburban South title. They have to take care of business Tuesday at Deerfield.
17) Homewood Flossmoor(4-0)- Quietly putting together a good season after losing so much talent from last season. Big game Tuesday as they travel to #13 Bolingbrook, Friday at Lockport.
18) Clark(Chicago)(0-0)- Opens season Friday at #15 North Lawndale College Prep(Chicago).
19) Lake Forest(6-1)- Showing themselves to be contenders in the North Suburban. Class of 2021 Hillsdale commit Walt Mattingly(6'7"), and Class of 2023 Asa Thomas(6'5") lead the way. Rival Lake Forest Academy visits on Monday, hosts Lake Zurich on Tuesday, big game at #6 Mundelein on Friday. They upset Mundelein earlier in the season, at # 14 St Patrick on Saturday.
20) Kenwood(Chicago)- Young team opens this week at Clemente(Chicago) on Wednesday, then hosts Morgan Park(Chicago) on Thursday, at Jones(Chicago) on Saturday.
21) Kankakee(1-0)- Was Idle this week. Monday at #9 Thornton Township(Harvey) a huge game. Bloom(Chicago Heights) visits on Tuesday, at Thornwood(South Holland) on Thursday, Lincoln Way West(New Lenox) comes in on Saturday.
22) Waubonsie Valley(5-2)- Huge win over then #12 Neuqua Valley(Naperville). Hosts North(Naperville) on Tuesday, at Oswego on Wednesday, Friday Central(Naperville) visits.
23) Brother Rice(Chicago)(4-0)- New to the poll. Class of 2023 guard Ahmad Henderson(6'0") has had an outstanding start to his sophomore season. He has shooters around him as Brother Rice usually does. Monday at Providence(New Lenox), hosts Marmion(Aurora) on Wednesday, big game on Friday as #12 Fenwick(Oak Park) visits, hosts Marist(Chicago) on Saturday.
24) Benet(Lisle)(4-1)- New to the poll. Great coaching as they have solid role players who run the offense expertly and play great defense. Will be interesting to watch. Nazareth(LaGrange) visits on Tuesday, at #7 Notre Dame College Prep(Niles) on Friday, hosts Carmel(Mundelein) on Saturday.
25) Richards(Oak Lawn)(3-0)- New to the poll. This team has some unknown talent that is a team to watch. Monday at Bremen(Midlothian), Tuesday at Reavis(Burbank), hosts Evergreen Park Thursday.
then #12 Neuqua Valley(Naperville), #22 St Rita(Chicago) and #25 St Ignatius(Chicago) drops out.